Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What is the procedure for withdrawing from an LLC in

Customer Question
Tennessee? Our Articles of Organization...
What is the procedure for withdrawing from an LLC in Tennessee? Our Articles of Organization do not specify.
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
7/13/2017
Tax Professional: Matthew Breecher, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 6 months ago
Matthew Breecher
Matthew Breecher, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Each state usually has clear statutes. Have you looked into the LLC statutes yet? In my experience, it just usually requires formal notice to the LLC (statutory agent) and filing with the State (Corp Commission, Secretary of State, etc).

...

I can do the research, just curious if you have looked? I am also assuming there are other members? If you are the last member, you would be responsible for dissolution and just cannot withdrawal.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney