Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Early retirement funds - due to disability - will ii pay tax

penalty for tthe early withdrawl JA...
early retirement funds - due to disability - will ii pay tax penalty for tthe early withdrawl
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: wife took early retirement due to my disability she took out funds from retirement will we still pay penalty
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: i am ready
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: not that i know of
7/11/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You will have to report the distribution when you file your return (you will get a 1099R showing that and the tax withheld) but if you are totally disabled then you file the form 5329 with your return and there would not be an additional 10% penalty.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

DO you need further information about claiming the exception to the penalty?

please

What specifically ?

I advised that you will use the form 5329 in my post above but what else do you require?

no thanks you been a great help

You are most welcome.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited for assisting. Scroll Up

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4