Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a question regarding business tax deductions for

restaurant meals with clients?What percentage...
I have a question regarding business tax deductions for restaurant meals with clients?What percentage of the meal and gratuity are tax deductible and is alcohol also included in the amount which may be deducted?
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2017
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. 50% of meals would be deductible. This would include the meal, alcohol, and gratuity. Generally, you would want to make sure you log who was there and what was discussed.

Mark Taylor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mark, thank you for your super quick reply and thanks as well for the thorough response!
5-Stars back to you!

It was my pleasure. I was happy to help.