Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What is the statue of limitation for the state taxes in

Alabama? Is it from the...
What is the statue of limitation for the state taxes in Alabama? Is it from the date when taxes were due or from the time when payment was made?
6/27/2017
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. The statute of limitation would begin when the return is filed.

The statute of limitations for additional tax debt is 3 years from the later of the due date or the file date of the tax return. If this answered your question I would appreciate if you would take a moment to rate my response. There should be stars located above the question. This is the only way that I will receive credit for helping you today. If you have additional questions or need clarification I would be happy to help. Thank you.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor