Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Trying to find my tax returns for 2016 my only income and my…

Customer Question
Trying to find my...

Trying to find my tax returns for 2016 my only income and my Social Security income of $2030 each month a total of 24,600 my only deductions our medical insurance which is supplemental and drive

Accountant's Assistant: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Madicayion insurance

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?

Hearing aides purchased for $2000

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Tax
6/23/2017
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 8 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. If your only income is Social Security then you may not meet the filing threshold. As a result, it may not be necessary to file a return. Did you have any withholding from your Social Security?

Filing tax return for 2016
Medical deductions are supplemental insurance $210/month 97 drug insurance Silverscript
Standard deductions or itemezed
Filing Single tax return
Only income is Social Security $2030/month

If Social security income is your only income you would not have a tax liability this year. I would be happy to walk through the return with you.

If your itemized deductions are higher than the standard deduction you would want to itemize. The larger itemized deductions are mortgage interest, property taxes, charitable donations, and medical expenses. If you are older than 65 your standard deduction would equal $7,550.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney