Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

CAN A SEP IRA BE ROLLED INTO A ROTH IRA? IN CONNECTICUT, I

Customer Question
CAN A SEP IRA BE...
CAN A SEP IRA BE ROLLED INTO A ROTH IRA?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: IN CONNECTICUT
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't understand your question
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: All the tax advantages of a Sep IRA
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/18/2017
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 5 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Yes, you can rollover Sep IRA into Roth IRA but the entire amount will be included in your taxable income in that year. Depending the amount you may want to consider splitting the conversion between 2 or more years.

You pay the taxes now but when you withdraw money for retirement it is tax free. Is this correct?

That's correct. As long as you have it at least 5 years and are 59 1/2 the entire distribution is tax free, original investment plus the earnings.

Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

NO. I'm finished. Cancel the call back.
Please cancel the phone call.
Thank you
Paul Rubenstein

Ok. I will.

Please cancel the call back

I already notified the customer service. I cannot do it from my screen.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser