How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 55607
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Instead of filling a 1065 for my LLC I am going to do

This answer was rated:

Instead of filling a 1065 for my LLC I am going to do schedule c n my 1040 do i need to do anything with the IRS ?
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I did file a 7004 but it was late so the extension was denied, I did file a extension on my 1040 on time .
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: Not sure but i believe that is all.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. I'm presuming you are the only member of your that correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am sole owner.

Thanks for your response. As the sole owner, you are entitled to treat your LLC as a "disregarded entity" for tax purposes and do exactly what you propose....include the LLC operations on Schedule C. There is not only not any requirement to file the Form 1065 for the LLC in that event, but also there is no requirement to notify the IRS in any other way. Including the LLC's operations on Schedule C is all that needs to be done.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for quick response

You're very welcome! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.

Richard and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you