Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How much does it cost to get legal advise regarding 4

documents is signed a few...
how much does it cost to get legal advise regarding 4 documents is signed a few days ago (short term power of attorney)
JA: It's only $5.
Customer: how do i download or email a document.. and this in the state of Illinois
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: state of illinois, this is a statutory power of attorney short form 3-4
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: for property tax refunds
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how do i pay
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok.. thanks
hello & good morning,
I signed a statutory short form power of attorney for property law section 3-4 encl are the forms for property tax refunds. Just concerned if this allow the agent to sell my property or take equity from my property. Should i rescind this?
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/16/2017
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

I would rescind and prepare a new for to add (under the strikeout section in number "2" when you can limit powers include the following:

...

"The pledge, sale, or disposition of any of my real or personal property, is prohibited."

The strikeouts above actually do the job here (especially, the borrowing, estate, and all other property powers and transactions.

...

But if you're uncomfortable, the form IS designed to allow you to go further and specifically prohibit any power you'd like.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit").

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice on three continents since 1986.

Lane, i apologized for not responding having issue with my computer and tried clarifying the billing for membership.
In any case, since i signed the short term power of attorney and it does strike out the real-estate transaction.. do you think I should be ok? This firm sound they are legit ..TAXBLOOMgroup.com. And the other question is.. will this expire if they cant refund my property tax or do I need to do something to rescind the power of attorney or just not worry about this. I dont think they can legally sell or do anything to my property. What do you think.. thanks!

Hi, thanks for coming back. yes, I think you're fine here.

...

Again, the strikeouts do the job ... if you search for this form... and fin the full form, you'll see that it specifically states that the powers that the maker or you strike out are specifically forbidden.

...

And the power terminates once you have everything that's coming to you...They'll say were were able to get X and Y but not z because ... and the power terminates.

...

And no, they can't sell or do anything with/to your property.

...

Finally, I checked with Better Business Bureau, and they are in deed (1) accredited, (2) A+ rated (3) have no complaints.

...

Thank you,

Lane

Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Awesome.. Thanks so much and have a wonderful weekend !
Romeo
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS