How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2995
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father passed and i need copies of tax returns,

This answer was rated:

my father passed and i need copies of hi tax returns
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he filed his own taxes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can i go through the irs and obtain these

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you are an executor or personal representative of his estate you can call the IRS and request a transcript. If you want copy of an actual return you can request it as well for a $50.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can you the 50 dollar fee and receive it. Or call the IRS
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cant call you right now but I log back in tomorrow how can I get in contact. Search your user name?

I do not have access to IRS information. You will need to file form 4506:

You will have to sign it as representative or if his wife is still alive she can sign it as surviving spouse.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you

You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

emc011075 and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you