Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My father passed and i need copies of tax returns,

my father passed and i...
my father passed and i need copies of hi tax returns
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he filed his own taxes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can i go through the irs and obtain these
6/16/2017
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you are an executor or personal representative of his estate you can call the IRS and request a transcript. If you want copy of an actual return you can request it as well for a $50.

I can you the 50 dollar fee and receive it. Or call the IRS
I cant call you right now but I log back in tomorrow how can I get in contact. Search your user name?

I do not have access to IRS information. You will need to file form 4506: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

You will have to sign it as representative or if his wife is still alive she can sign it as surviving spouse.

thank you

You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser