Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Estate final return, can the tax on sale of home be charged

Customer Question
to heirs JA: The expert will...
Estate final return, can the tax on sale of home be charged to heirs
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: sale of deceased home tax usually chg to estate, on final return can it be chg to heirs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
6/15/2017
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 5 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

"the tax on sale of home" - I assuming you meant the tax on the gain realized from the sale - correct?
If yes - then the answer is also yes - the gain is passed to beneficiaries - and reported on K1.
Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor