Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I paid the wrong amount earlier this year on quarterly

Customer Question

Hi, I paid the wrong amount earlier this year on quarterly taxes. The quarterly taxes that I mail in today, how do I handle the amount? Do I pay the recommended amount despite my mistake earlier this year? Or would I pay the difference? (for example if i paid 700, and needed to pay 360, if I just pay 10 dollars this quarter)
JA: The expert will know how to help. Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: I have to send in a check today. Other than that, I don't believe there's anything else.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 12 days ago.

Yes you can reduce your quarterly payments in that way. Your payments are mean to cover each quarter but you should not have a penalty for adjusting now.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 12 days ago.

Please let me know if you need me to explain more but a positive rating credits me for assisting you