Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

My teenage son is about to start his first job. He

Customer Question

My teenage son is about to start his first job. He accidently put down 2 allowances on his w2 instead of 1 and submitted. How can he go back and change his allowance number?
JA: The expert will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: what more do you need?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: no. I just want him to be able to change his allowance number on his w4 that was submitted online
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 4 months ago.

To make any change, file a new form W-4 with your employer. This will change the amount that comes out of his paycheck.
If his employer insists that all W4 information be made online then he would log back on to the employer's online system and make the change to 0 for his allowances.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 4 months ago.

If they do not care he can complete a W4 form and turn it into the Human Resources.
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf

Expert:  Robin D. replied 4 months ago.

Please post below so I know you could see my post.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 4 months ago.

Did your son correct his error yet?