Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

IRS FORM 2553 TO HAVE MY CLIENTS LLC TREATED AS AN S-CORP AS…

i AM FILNG IRS FORM...
i AM FILNG IRS FORM 2553 TO HAVE MY CLIENTS LLC TREATED AS AN S-CORP AS OF 01/01/2017. THE LLC WAS FORMED IN 2016. A PARTNERSHIP 1065 RETURN WAS FILED IN 2016. I AM FILING FOR LATE ELECTION RELIEFAS PER REVENUE PROCEDURE 2013-30 BASED ON REASONABLE CAUSE. THE LLC IS OWNED 50% -50% BY HUSBAND AND WIFE.IS FILING 2553 SUFFICIENT?OR DO i NEED TO DO AN 8832 AS WELL??ALSO, ON PAGE 2 OF 2553 THEY ASK DATE ACQUIRED. DO I PUT THE DATE lLLC WAS FORMED AS PARNTERSHIP IN 2016, OR THE DATE OF S CORP ELECTION 01/01/2017? HUSBAND AND WIFE EACH GOT 50% OF COMPANY BUT THIS DID NOT CHANGE. iN 2016 THEY EACH ACQUIRED 50 PERCENT OF LLC PARTNERSHIP. AND ON 01/01'2017 THEY ACQUIRED 50% OF LLC AS CORP, SO TO SPEAK.
6/13/2017
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

2553 is sufficient. 8832 hasn't been necessary since the check the box rules (1997, I believe)

...

The S-Corp election is a tax election for either a regular corporation or an LLC. They's asking when the company asking to be taxed as a S-Corp was acquired.

...

I would use the articles of organization date.

Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS