Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I filed a tax return with the department of revenue in

Customer Question
hi JA: Hello. What seems to...
hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I filed a tax return with the department of revenue in Oregon. They have filed a tax lied on me. The return was 2013 and I think I have audit protection from you.
JA: How old is your Oregon?
Customer: 2013
JA: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?
Customer: what is garmin?
JA: The expert will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, am I covered i guess is what I want to know
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
6/10/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 6 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

It sounds as if you think you're talking to a tax prep company. Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here. This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts highly credentialed experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security to tax to finance, generally.

I paid for tax help if I was audited. I got your contact info from Turbotax. Am I mistaken to deal with this from you?

My name's Lane - I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice since 1986.

...

So I can certainly help with the substance here - getting an amended return, figuring out what needs to e done, etc. But I wanted to be sure you knew you weren't talking to a tax PREP company

I think i have been scammed. I shouldn't have to pay anything to talk to you.

Sorry look's like out posts crossed there, but that's right ... although I can help with any tax issue ... you'd need to speak with intuit (Turbotax) about any audit protection that you puchased

...

See this ffrom Intuit:

...

There is no all-purpose number but there are different ways we can help depending on what you need:

• For urgent questions related to your return – call the IRS on 1-***-***-****.
  • For TurboTax Online users – sign in to your account, click Contact and type in your question (to talk to a live expert you need to be in a paid version of TurboTax).
  • For TurboTax Desktop users or other situations – try typing a question here (make sure to select your product).

Well, although I bill out at 150 to 200/hr... I don't work for free here

...

One more time.

...

"This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts highly credentialed experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security to tax to finance, generally."

...

We expert users are users just as you are, (although with credentials verified and tested out in out subject area) and can't deal with pricing issues

...

You can reach customer service here

...

JA customer svc

1(###) ###-####/p>

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS