Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Does any experts know that self-employment tax rate? my

friend got his real estate...
Does any experts know that self-employment tax rate? my friend got his real estate broker license and recently close the one case. for example, he got a $15,000 commission from escrow company and How much tax he needs to pay to IRS ?
6/8/2017
Matthew Breecher
Matthew Breecher, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Remember, his income will be reported on a Schedule C and he will have expenses associated with his business. The payroll tax for someone self employed is 15.3% (as they have to pay both sides of employer/employee of 7.65%). Ideally, you want to find as much in the way of expenses as possible.

Thank you!!

I hope I answered your question with sufficient detail, accuracy, and completeness based on the facts communicated. I would be happy to expand my answer should you need clarification, before you rate my response. If no additional information is needed, please rate my response, based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good or bad news/content. We (the experts) are only compensated when an answer is accepted and rated with at least 3 stars; but my goal is your complete satisfaction and a 5 star rating. I appreciate your prompt response. Sincerely, ***** ***** Breecher, CPA.

Matthew Breecher
Matthew Breecher
Matthew Breecher