Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Annual Electronic Filing Requirement for Small Exempt

OrganizationsIs tax -exempt organization with...
Annual Electronic Filing Requirement for Small Exempt OrganizationsIs tax -exempt organization with approved 501-c status and gross receipts under 50,000 required to file 990N or 990?
5/30/2017
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Typically 990-N - UNLESS you are an exception.

...

The following organizations are not eligible to file Form 990-N but must file different forms instead. See also Form 990-N: Organizations Not Permitted to File.

You MAY also be eligible for a 990EZ, but note that if you choose to file an annual information return (Form 990 or Form 990-EZ) instead of the e-Postcard, you must file a complete return. Omitted information can cause problems there.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice since 1986.

Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS