Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Depreciation expenses: taxes Do you depreciate payment for…

Depreciation expenses: taxes Do you depreciate...
Depreciation expenses: taxes
Do you depreciate payment for website designed? the amount is $4000. if so, how many year do you depreciate?
5/27/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

The web designs costs would be amortized (like depreciation).

You must generally amortize over 15 years the capitalized costs of "section 197 intangibles" you acquired after August 10, 1993. You must amortize these costs if you hold the section 197 intangibles in connection with your trade or business or in an activity engaged in for the production of income.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you

You are most welcome.