Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If you do not work, retired, and receive no taxable income,

do you have to file...
If you do not work, retired, and receive no taxable income, do you have to file a tax form
5/18/2017
Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Hello, My name is***** am a Certified Financial Planning ® Professional.

If you have received income you should file your taxes. If the IRS receives notice that you have received income, but have not reported the income they may request further information from you.

If you don't owe any taxes and the IRS agrees with your assessment, then you wouldn't be penalized or owe any interest. However, you may be missing out on tax credits.

You may qualify to file your taxes for free!!

If you go to www.IRS.Gov and click on "Free File," You will be able to choose between different companies that will assist you in filing your taxes for free, if you have earned under below $64,000.

I hope this answered your question. My goal is to ensure you have received the answer to your question and have no further questions.

If you do have further questions or if my answer was incomplete please let me know.

Please take a moment to rate my service. Rating my service cost you nothing, but tells JustAnswer to credit me for assisting you.

You can rate my service by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit.

I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional

Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®