How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an employment taxes question regarding 1099 v W-2

Customer Question

I have an employment taxes question regarding 1099 v W-2 taxes
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not by me, but by an old employee
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just have to fill out a form by the EDD reporting taxable income by a recently let go employee. But part of his pay was w-2 and another part was 1099
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Can someone call me?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Chad CFP ® replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is***** am a Certified Financial Planning ® Professional. Welcome to JustAnswer!

I would be happy to assist you today. We DO have a premium service where (if you accept the offer - the site will likely throw it up there in a few minutes) a private, encrypted link is provided so exchange of contact info for a phone consult