How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15723
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filled an extension for myself, i am self employed and I

Customer Question

Hello, I filled an extension for myself , i am self employed and I claim both of my children. My son did his own taxes and my daughters tax return is complete but, i didnt send it in because i thought i could send it with my taxes . They will be done in about a week. Should i send hers in now or wait until mine are done?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: my daughter didn't make over 3000.$ for the year both my children are college students and i have negative income
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

You should go ahead and send her return in. You do not send 2 returns together. File her return and then send your return when it is completed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will she be penalized because i waited to send it in?
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

Does she owe?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

Then there would not be a penalty. If she had a balance due she woudl have a penalty and interest to pay.
Please let me know if you need more information.
If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Im on a free trial so i wont be charged for this right?
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

I cannot see your agreement with JustAnswer. I am not credited unless you rate in a positive way.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i dont understand, its a free trail?
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

I am not in Customer Service so I do not know anything about your free trial or any other offer they make. I just work through their site to answer tax questions.
They credit me for answering when you rate.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.

You can click on Customer Service and ask them the free trial offer and confirm or I can send a request for you.