Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I need proof a tax lien, in 2013, was resolved. I had a

I need proof a tax lien, in 2013, was resolved.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I had a house fire last year, lost everything. Bonding company will not renew without proof of the tax lien resolution in 2013.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no

Hi. My name's Lane. See this from IRS:

...

Section 6325(a) of the Internal Revenue Code directs us to release a Federal tax lien within 30 days of when the liability is fully paid or becomes legally unenforceable or the IRS accepts a bond for payment of the liability. When all the liabilities shown on the Notice of Federal Tax Lien are satisfied, we will issue a Certificate of Release of Federal Tax Lien for filing in the same location where the notice of lien was filed. If we have not released the lien within 30 days, you can ask for a certificate of release.

...

Internal Revenue Service

Centralized Lien Operation

P.O. Box 145595, Stop 8420G

Cincinnati, OH

Telephone Number:(###) ###-####/p>

Outside the United States:(###) ###-####/p>

Fax number:(###) ###-####

If you have an immediate or urgent need for a Certificate of Release of Federal Tax Lien, you can visit or telephone the local IRS office:

...

https://apps.irs.gov/app/officeLocator/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I live in Fbks, AK. They closed the local IRS office. Hence my question.

Here's Publication 1450 which will tell you what they need in the request:

...

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1450.pdf

This telephone number is ***** the Lien unit:

...

http://Telephone Number:(###) ###-####/a>

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you

...

When I called this number:

...

IRS OfficeFairbanks/remote taxpayer assistance

Map - 99701 - location

CityFairbanks, AK 99701

Phone(907)(###) ###-####/p>

Hours of OperationFairbanks hours and services

Appointment RequiredMake Appointment

...

There was a long[message] where they said that there was still an office for help at

...

949 East 36th Avenue,

Fairbanks AK 99508

Mon-Fri 8:30 to 4:30

I think I got the address right ... but if you call(###) ###-####you can hear the message (they give this street address toward the end of the message).

...

You're very welcome ... Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …is thanks enough!

That's the only way I'll be compensated by JustAnswer for the work here

...

Thank you,

Lane

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** please allow me to provide you with additional information you will find helpful.

A much quicker and easier way to check to see if a satisfaction of the lien was recorded by the IRS is to visit your local Recorder's Office or use their online tool. See the following:

http://dnr.alaska.gov/ssd/recoff/about.cfm

If the IRS has not yet filed a satisfaction of the lien, you can then follow the request for certificate of release outlined by the first expert.

If you need assistance navigating the Recorder's Office online tool, let me know. I'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience: 18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.