Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I am a federal employee and my salary is >100K and this

Customer Question

I am a federal employee and my salary is >100K and this website https://www.federalpay.org/employees/centers-for-disease-control-and-preventn/ publishes my income. Is there a way to block my income from being public?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If they charge I want to know in advance how much it is.
JA: It's only $5.
Customer: Okay
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice to clients on three continents since 1986.

Bear with me just a moment and I’ll provide my initial response and then we can go from there if you have further questions on this

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

I'm so sorry, but federal employee salaries are public information under the United Sates Code

...

(5 U.S. Code § 552 - Public information; agency rules, opinions, orders, records, and proceedings)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
By the way the person I chat with on this website told me when I asked her what is the price before I proceed and she/he told me that "Just $5.00" and then they tried to charge my card another $31.00. It looks like a scum. I called my bank and ask them to block any payment other than the $5.00.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, never.
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that ... I would never work for such a low price.

...

I bill my clients at $150/hr (and they are happy to pay it, becasue of my credentials, but also becasue of my work ethic and principles)

...

DO what you will.

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

By the way, your answer was both thorough and accurate ... I also gave you the legal citation, rather than just answering anecdotally.

...

I'll ask customer service for a refund for you

...

But before I do - I wouldn't trust ANY advice that came for $5

Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.

Just put the request in for you