How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Due to an error by Turbo Tax, I had to file an amended

Customer Question

Due to an error by Turbo Tax, I had to file an amended return to the IRS- 1040X which was mailed February 25th 2017. The IRS said they do not have it. Turbo Tax said to mail another copy. Is that the correct thing to do? I am due to receive $1526.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Have you checked the status of your return online or you talked to a customer service agent? It takes about 8 - 12 weeks for the IRS to process an amended tax return. You can mail another one and if the IRS get the first one in meantime, assuming the second one is identical, it will ignore the second 1040x.