How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My tax person sent out my 2016 taxes IRS & state and didn't

Customer Question

My name is***** and my tax person sent out my 2016 taxes IRS & state and didn't make a copies for my firles. I would like to request both copies please.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: She sent me the website link to requests a transcript but it's not accepting my SS# ***** some reason...
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Matthew Breecher replied 4 months ago.

You can make a request for a copy of your tax return in writing to the IRS. Let me look up the tax form number.

Expert:  Matthew Breecher replied 4 months ago.

As an aside, whom ever prepared your tax return is required by law to maintain copies. The IRS will charge for copies, but I would make your tax preparer reimburse you.