Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

My tax person sent out my 2016 taxes IRS & state and didn't

Customer Question

My name is***** and my tax person sent out my 2016 taxes IRS & state and didn't make a copies for my firles. I would like to request both copies please.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: She sent me the website link to requests a transcript but it's not accepting my SS# ***** some reason...
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Tax
Expert:  Matthew Breecher replied 4 months ago.

You can make a request for a copy of your tax return in writing to the IRS. Let me look up the tax form number.

As an aside, whom ever prepared your tax return is required by law to maintain copies. The IRS will charge for copies, but I would make your tax preparer reimburse you.