How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4625
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A 2014 tax refund check was issued, but not cashed. It has

Customer Question

A 2014 tax refund check was issued, but not cashed. It has now been voided by the lapsed time. How do we go about getting a replacement check?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My daughter and her husband received a 2014 tax refund check, but mis-placed it and it wasn't cashed. It is now void because of the time lapse. How do they obtain a replacement check?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 4 months ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you; did you see my question?
Expert:  PDtax replied 4 months ago.

You will want to complete and file form 3911 to start the replacement process. is the link to the form.

IRS will locate and put a stop on their check, and issue a replacement, upon receipt.

Mail it to the IRS service center you would normally file a paper return.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Please take a moment for positive feedback on our rating scale after review of my response. I'mCustomer

Expert:  PDtax replied 4 months ago.

Hi again.Customerhere.

Can I ask for positive feedback to close out your question? Thanks.