Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I have a 1098 Ma and i am wondering of what of that amount

Customer Question

hi, i have a 1098 Ma and i am wondering of what of that amount is deductable it says that i paid 22K something. none of that amount went to interest?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: the 1098 MA says that hud paid 22K. none of that amount went to interest? because i did not miss a payment... my lender just would not accept my payments and rolled it into this hud allotment and then refunded me the payments that i did make.... does that make sense
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no... i cannot think of anything
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

1098MA is for informational purposes only. You can use 1098 (the federal form) to claim your mortgage interest deduction. 1098 will show amount of the interest, PMI and if property taxes are included in your mortgage statement, the form will show it as well (look under distribution from escrow).

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?