Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I received a form 1099-R issued on Feb. 6, 2017. It states…

Customer Question
I received a form...

I received a form 1099-R issued on Feb. 6, 2017. It states that it is a form 1099-R for 2016. I put it in my 2017 file and failed to include it in my 2016 filing. I have been working with a 1040x attempting to include it. with

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I have the 1040x ready to send after the deadline. Is that necessary/Or can I include it with my 2017 filing?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Tax
5/12/2017
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 9 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You must file it for the year it is reporting for (2016) you cannot include this on your 2017 return. Mail in the 1040X with the 1099R included for your 2016 filing to be correct.
Please let me know if you need more information.
If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4