Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I filed online thru turbo tax and paid what i owe thru that

Customer Question

I filed online thru turbo tax and paid what i owe thru that process and they said i needed to send a hard copy in which i did but no money has been taken fro my account yet. how can i be sure it is process so i do not penalized for being late or not sending it. i sent it with reciept mail and it showed it was recieved. when i sent the hard copy turbo said not to send a check because i filed on line. thanks ed
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: not that i know of. thanks
Category: Tax
Expert:  Matthew Breecher replied 5 months ago.

I am a little confused. It appears you had a tax liability and owe the IRS. Usually, you can electronically file and then mail a check with the remittance stub. How did you pay the IRS?

...

You can also do what is called Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW); it is an integrated e-file/e-pay option offered only when filing your federal taxes using tax preparation software or through a tax professional. Using this payment option, you may submit one or more payment requests for direct debit from your designated bank account. You must have made this election when you filed your return.