Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional
Experience:  Managing Director at Caros Group
98767339

My husband died in2015. I found out taxes were not filed.

Customer Question

My husband died in2015. I found out taxes were not filed. Worked with IRS and now have a tax lien that I pay monthly. The company my husband worked for was in bankruptcy but now I just got info that he had a pension and I can get a one time lump sum as his survivor question is after the 20 percent taxes are taken off that amount can thr IRS take the rest. It's not a lot but it is to me. Thanks
Category: Tax
Expert:  Chad CFP ® replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is***** am a Certified Financial Planning ® Professional. Welcome to JustAnswer!

I understand you currently have a tax lien imposed by the IRS, but have worked out a payment plan. Are you current on your payments and what property was your tax lien placed on? Bank account, home, etc?

Assuming you are current on your payment agreement with the IRS and you have not received additional Levy notifications from the IRS and continue to file your taxes, the proceeds from the Pension payout would be safe.

Ensure to make your agreed upon payments, file your taxes annually or the IRS may take additional steps to recover assets.

I hope this answered your question with accuracy and detail. My goal is to ensure you have received the answer to your question and have no further questions.

If you do have further questions or if my answer was incomplete please let me know.

Please take a moment to rate my service. Rating my service cost you nothing, but tells JustAnswer to credit me for assisting you.

You can rate my service by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit.

I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional

Are you satisfied with the Answer you received?

If you are satisfied with the Answer, please accept the Answer and rate my service. Accepting the Answer and Rating my service cost you nothing extra, but does notify JustAnswer that I have completed my assigned work.

If you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to Ask.

You can rate me by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit

I look forward to working with you in the future and I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional