How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter lives with my exhusband, but my new husband and

Customer Question

Hello, My daughter lives with my exhusband, but my new husband and I claim her on our taxes. She is eligible for financial aid, but if she gets financial aid can we still claim her on our taxes?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No I don't think so
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you claim her as your dependent her financial aid will be calculated using your income. So it really depends on your financial situation. Check with the financial officer what are the income requirements for financial aid at her school.