Matthew Breecher
Matthew Breecher, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Director
37297873

What can i do if i e-filed my form 2015, form 1065 and the

Customer Question

what can i do if i e-filed my form 2015, form 1065 and the IRS say they never received it
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I e-filed form 1065 and now the IRS tell me they never received it. its a small cleaning business
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: The reason I found out they didn't receive it was because. I wasn't aware that the 2016 deadline to file form 1065 was March 15 and not April 18, 2016 so the 2016 was late. Im so afraid what shall i do
Category: Tax
Expert:  Matthew Breecher replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I would like to assist with your question. When you E-Filed, who did you use to process the return? I ask, because as a CPA, our software gives us a confirmation number. The same would hold true for any other tax processing entity.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I used tax ac 3/1/2015

Have you contacted them to determine if they received an E-File confirmation? That would be needed to ask for any abatement of penalties the IRS is charging, which as I recall are something like 200/partner/month.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i haven't called Tax Act
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
but I have the page where I sent the e-file

Does it show the confirmation?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no it does not

You goal is to demonstrate compliance and not negligence when asking for abatement of the penalty with the IRS. I would do the following: (1) print and mail your return as soon as possible, certified; (2) call TaxAct and have them look into it, and see if their terms of service cover any liability; and, (3) draft a letter, including your exhibit from TaxAct and any payment, to demonstrate you complied with the timely filing requirement and ask for any penalties to be waived.

I hope I answered your question with sufficient detail, accuracy, and completeness based on the facts communicated. I would be happy to expand my answer should you need clarification, before you rate my response. If no additional information is needed, please rate my response, based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good or bad news/content. We (the experts) are only compensated when an answer is accepted and rated with at least 3 stars; but my goal is your complete satisfaction and a 5 star rating. I appreciate your prompt response. Sincerely, ***** ***** Breecher, CPA.