PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
64119565

I filed a chapter 13 bankruptcy in 2012 which included back

Customer Question

I filed a chapter 13 bankruptcy in 2012 which included back taxes, penalties, and interest for tax years 2008-2012. The chapter 13 has been paid in full and now the IRS is saying there were financial obligations which were excluded from the filing and now they are due which include dollars from those years. Can they do this?
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 4 months ago.
HI from just answer. I'mCustomer I can assist.
Expert:  PDtax replied 4 months ago.
It is possible that omitted tax years could still be due. It is also possible that IRS is making a claim for interest and penalties in the listed years. It is also possible that nonpriority taxes are being contested. Some of these claims they won't get. But missed tax years are commonly pursued after a plan is completed.
Expert:  PDtax replied 4 months ago.
A review of what is being sought must be compared to the plan. It is possible that you might still owe. It is also possible that you don't. Good luck with your review with your attorney. Please take a moment to accept and rate my advice on our five star rating scale. I'mCustomer
Expert:  PDtax replied 4 months ago.

Hi again.Customerfollowing up on your question.

If you need anything more, please ask. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my assistance on our rating scale.

Customer/p>