Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My father passed in 2006 and has about 6500 in unclaimed

Customer Question
assets he passed in tampa...
my father passed in 2006 and has about 6500 in unclaimed assets he passed in tampa fla and i live in rhode island
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nothing as of yet we found stocks from general dynamics but they are in his name
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just need to know what steps we need to do to take care of this
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
5/10/2017
Tax Professional: Matthew Breecher, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 6 months ago
Matthew Breecher
Matthew Breecher, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello, I would like to help, but would need more information. Did you father have a will? Are there others whom are entitled to the assets; a brother(s) or sister(s)? Also, is the $6,500 just the stocks, or is there more?

Are you still seeking assistance with your question?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney