Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I wonder does the CA FTB have a Form similar to the IRS 8889

Customer Question

Hi I wonder does the CA FTB have a Form similar to the IRS 8889 used to tell about medical use of hsa distributions
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am amended 2016 because I efiled before receiving a 1099SA
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no contributions, just distributions. doing 1040x to submit form 8889 and wonder if 540X is necessary. if so, what form do you use for FTB to show Medical Expense used for HSA
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

No, the CA FTB does not have form to report HSA distributions. What is the outcome of your 1040X? Do you owe additional taxes or where all funds used for medical purposes?