How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have an LLC whose owner are a physical person (non

Customer Question

If I have an LLC whose owner are a physical person (non resident ) , and I have another LLC whose owners are a foreign company. to my understanding they are both non resident they both have a withholding requirement how else would they defer for tax purposes, is one structure more complicated than the other one?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Matthew Breecher replied 5 months ago.

I assume the LLC is reporting as a partnership. In that case, regardless of the entity type in the partnership, withholding is required unless you file a W-8BEN.

Expert:  Matthew Breecher replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I would like to know if you are still in need of further information regarding your question. As withholding is required when an owner of a partnership is not a resident (foreign owners), I think I addressed your question. However, I would be happy to clarify as there is a possibility for non-withholding if they foreign owner files a W-8BEN. Please let me know.