Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I am trying to figure out the adjustment amount on CA Form

Customer Question

I am trying to figure out the adjustment amount on CA Form 540 for line 20b. The individual had SS benefits of $17,674. I don't know what the schedule is to report for CA. For 2014, they had benefits of $17,464 and reported $4,451 to CA
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I m preparing the return on Turbo Tax
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

20a are the benefits as show in box 5 of the SSA1099 (socials security statement). 20b is the taxable portion, portion of benefits included in your taxable income - line 20b on your 1040.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This should not qualify as an answer. I was looking for the calculation, but I found it on my own.

I am sorry, you did not say you want the federal calculation. Beside you did not give me any numbers to work with and if you use Turbo Tax, the software will do the calculation for you.