Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I haVE BEEN TRYING SINCE AUG. 2016 TO GET HOMEOWNER TAX

Customer Question

i haVE BEEN TRYING SINCE AUG. 2016 TO GET HOMEOWNER TAX CREDITS.JAN.2016 I OWED APROX.$55000 DOLLARS. FEB 2017 THEY SENT ME A BILL $20000.SAID I OWED TAX CREDIT FOR 2011/12.WAS NOET ADVISED OF THIS IN THE 6 MOTH I WAS IN TOUCH WITH THEM .THEY SAY THERE IS NO APPEAL AND THERE IS NO PROOF THAT I OWE THIS AMOUNT. THE INTERST PEANELTY SEEM EXCESSIVE TO SAY THE LEAST.WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Andrew Jordan replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you with your question. I am not aware of any federal tax credits for homeowners aside from the 2008 First Time Home Buyer's credit, is this a state credit you are seeking?