How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7149
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife needs her social security NEW BENEFIT AMOUNT

Customer Question

My wife needs her social security NEW BENEFIT AMOUNT statement for 2017
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, my accountant had her 2016 final statement for Income tax , and tax filed and paid to IRS by April 15. However, she did not receive the 2017 new benefit amount statement. Can I get a copy on-line.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will furnish her name, Social # , and any other information needed.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 4 months ago.

Yes. She can obtain this information online at She will have to set up a "My Society Account" and after she sets up her account, she will be able to see the documents that are available and that she can print online. Here's a link to the specific page at where she can begin the process:

Steve G.

Customer: replied 4 months ago. sent me to others and I gave up. I found another telephone # for social security office and spoke to agent in midwest who is sending me regular mail with info I need. You need telephone numbers of different agencies. I know you tried to help, and deserve some payment of either $5.00 or $31.00 as stated in agreement.
David Chasin
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 4 months ago.

Well, that's fine, but I don't receive that much, the site only gives us a portion of whatever you paid & they don't tell us what arrangement you are under.

I gave that option as I thought you needed that information right away.

There's no other website involved.

If you use the link I provided, then you set up a "My Social Security" account, confirm your identity and then you choose the documents tab and you can print out whatever information you wish (including your current benefit amount) on an official Social Security letter. It's all on the same site. It has to be as you & Social Security are the only ones that can access that information. Even the IRS doesn't have the current information.

Sorry you had a problem; it's easy to get sidetracked if you click on the wrong spot.

Steve G.