Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

Do I owe back taxes for 2014 or 2015! Was told no by IRS

Customer Question

do I owe back taxes for 2014 or 2015! Was told no by IRS AGENT approximately 3/27/2017
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: received notice that I owed additional taxes for 2014 and 2015. Called IRS and talked to Agent. He told me that He could find no debt owed to IRS! Did not receive confirmation letter yet. Please tell me ASAP! Am not healthy!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no already signed application and paid fee! $5.00
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 5 months ago.
If you called IRS and was told that you owed no tax, then you owe no tax....There are LOTS of scams out there these days that will tell you they are IRS and try to get you to send them money....See this warning from IRS about these people:...https://www.irs.gov/uac/tax-scams-consumer-alerts...You have ALREADY done the only thing that can tell you for sure whether you owe taxes or not; contact IRS directly....I'f you'd like to tell me more about your situation (no personal information) but things like what your income is, and the source of it, I can help you verify whether you have any need to file.