Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Do I own any back taxes? Received letter with IRS heading

Customer Question
do I own any back...
do I own any back taxes?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Received letter with IRS heading saying I owed back taxes for 2014 and 2015. Called IRS Approximately 3/27/17. Agent said I owed nothing!!! Just asking you for confirmation. I've received no further correspondence of any kind. Please help me resolve this issue 100%! Thank You.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No!
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
5/9/2017
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 6 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

If you called IRS and was told that you owed no tax, then you owe no tax.

...

There are LOTS of scams out there these days that will tell you they are IRS and try to get you to send them money.

...

See this warning from IRS about these people:

...

https://www.irs.gov/uac/tax-scams-consumer-alerts

...

You have ALREADY done the only thing that can tell you for sure whether you owe taxes or not; contact IRS directly.

...

I'f you'd like to tell me more about your situation (no personal information) but things like what your income is, and the source of it, I can help you verify whether you have any need to file.

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS