Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

I have had a computer crash and do not have a copy of my

Customer Question

I have had a computer crash and do not have a copy of my 2015 tax return. Can I get a copy from you?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need a copy of my 2015 tax return. Can I get one from the IRS?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I have received a letter from the IRS and I need to see my 2015 return. I can not answer the letter without a copy.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Yes. Here are a couple of points.

You can go to IRS.gov and get a copy of your transcript for 2015 online; you can also request a copy of your 2015 tax return by filling out Form 4506. However, the IRS has to mail that to you, you can't get it online. Here's the link you need to get to the correct IRS Web Page:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-return-transcript-types-and-ways-to-order-them

Please remember to rate my response.

Thanks very much,