Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How are canadian pensions reported on us form 1040. the

how are canadian pensions reported...
how are canadian pensions reported on us form 1040. the amounts on the pension form in canadian dollars or us dollors when mailed to a canad***** *****ving in us.
5/8/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

The Canadian form is reporting the amount in Canadian Dollars so the amount needs to be converted to US dollars prior to reporting on the US tax return.

If any amount was withheld for tax in Canadian then the form 1116 should be used to claim a credit with teh US return for the taxes paid (withheld) in Canada.

Please rate in a positive way (look for the STARS ) so I am credited with responding.

Please let me know by posting below if you need clarification and so I know you could view the answer. If you do not require more information, a positive 5 star rating is appreciated.

thank you, ***** ***** years of amendments to do. more like a 10 to me.

You are most welcome. I wish you success in your task.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4