Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

It is about single entity LLC tax for state of california

Can you help me? JA: The...
It is about single entity LLC tax for state of california Can you help me?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I received letter for FTB. I thought I filed everything. So want to talk to someone to know exactly what are all that I need to file.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: not right now How does this work?
5/7/2017
Matthew Breecher
Matthew Breecher, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello, my name is***** am a CPA and assist clients compliance issues. Could you please expand on your question?

Specifically, what did the letter from the Franchise Tax Board communicate?

Hi I received a later requesting me to file Form 568.
I thought for single entity LLC, I would just need to file under my personal tax return.

It depends on how you elected to be treated: as a partnership or disregarded entity. California Form 568 or 565 must be filed by the 15th day of the 4th month after the close of the LLC’s taxable year.

If you want to be treated as a disregarded entity and report all information on your person tax return on Schedule C, you still need to file FTB California Form 568, Sides 1, 2, 3, 7 and Schedules B and K if applicable, see California Form 568 Booklet for more information; and, pay the $800 fee.

Matthew Breecher
Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®, Certified Financial Planner(R), Pro
Phone call session started

We can still do a phone call, but the issue is pretty simple and the additional cost might not be justified.

Matthew Breecher
Matthew Breecher