Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am working on a 2016 Schedule C form and cannot figure out…

I am working on...

I am working on a 2016 Schedule C form and cannot figure out how to file a 2016 form 4562. How can you help?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

In order to provide an entry on line 13 of Schedule C, I must first file form 4562.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I live in Georgia.

5/3/2017
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

The form 4562 is completed so you have the amount to enter on the Schedule C for depreciation. The form is filed with the return though. It is not filed separate.

You complete the information on form 4562 and then show your depreciation on the schedule C , file it and the C with the 1040 form.

If you have a specific question about a line on the 4562 ask me.

Please let me know by posting below if you need clarification and so I know you could view the answer. If you do not require more information, a positive 5 star rating is appreciated.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Thank you, ***** ***** need more. I am happy to pay, but I need one answer to one question and that was not it.
NPVAdvisor
NPVAdvisor, CFP Licensee and Practitioner
Phone call session started
I am ready to chat, but I need the correct information now.

You stated that you were trying to file the form but you need to tell me what part of the 4562 you are having a problem in completing.

think i sent wrong number in the update

*************

On Line 13-Depreciation and section 179 expense deduction.of my 2015 Schedule C Return, there is $8760. It came from the 2015 Tax Form 4562. It is for a van leased in August of 2014. It is used for business 75% of the time. The other is personal. how do I arrive at the figure for Line 13?
Are you still with me Robin?
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4