Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Is a 1040 US Individual Income Tax Return federal income

Customer Question
Hi Is a 1040 US...
Hi Is a 1040 US Individual Income Tax Return federal income taxes owed to the US government? Or is it FICA? I received a letter owing some back taxes and since I'm a priest with a weird set of tax exceptions on the one hand such as housing exceptions and taxes or maybe FICA on salary on the other I am curious. The letter mentions taxes specifically and nothing about FICA Im confused. So is this income tax they are asking for? I'm just curious.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No that is it. Thanks. Do I need to find some one or do you have some one who willl answer the question?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
4/29/2017
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 months ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hi. Great Questions. Both are. However, it appears it would probably be income taxes. Would you be able to attach a copy(redacting any personal information)? It would help, so I can decipher what they are asking for. Thank you.
No, I don't have a scanner but can type it in since it is not a long letter.Our office has been advised that your Form(s) 1040, U.S Individual Income Tax Return, for the period(s) ending 201212, 201312, 201412, 201512 has a balance due of $26,879.92 including penalty and interest computed to 01/14/2017. Since this liability was incurred after you filed a Chapter 13 baNKRPTCY, IT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICES PROOF OF CLAIM. THIS BALANCE IS DUE BY THE RESPONSE DATE LISTED ABOVE. PLEASE SEND CHECK OR MONEY ORDER.If you are not able to pay their TAX in full at this time, or have any questions, please contact the person whose name is ***** ***** the beginning of the letter.It is important that you respond by the date listed above. Your failure to pay your newly incurred TAX balance(s) due in full or failure to contact us to explain your inability to pay may result in the governments filing a motion to have your bankruptcy dismissed or converted to a Chapter 7 proceeding.I capitalized taxes because that is what they seem to emphasize.
No thank you. I have an accountant I can meet with next week but this was working me and I just thought you might be able to relieve a little stress. I am currently on long term disability for a mental disorder and have just gone through a difficult divorce that has only made matters worse. The reason I am writing you is that I am eligible for SSDI benefits and well represented by a very reputable firm. SSDI already said I qualified some time ago but that was before I received this letter. I would imagine they would have already known about the back taxes since I would imagine it would be in their computer. I probably am making no sense but since I'm dealing with SSDI I would rather this be income tax which it sound like it is, rather than FICA. I plan on paying this debt off but would like to receive my benefits since I won't be returning to work anytime soon if at all.
It is regular income taxes. There are some exemptions for housing received, etc.
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group