Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I was going to do my taxes on TurboTax​ but was afraid of

making a mistake and when...
I was going to do my taxes on TurboTax​ but was afraid of making a mistake and when I went to get them done , I was surprised on how different the refund would have been. Can I redo if I feel I didn't get all the money I'm suppose to?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Turbo tax said my refund would he 3200 but when I went to a tax place it was only 2000 why might this have happened?
4/18/2017
Brian Michels
Brian Michels, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Where did you take your taxes to have them prepared? Do you know the areas of the tax return that resulting in differences between what you reported on the tax return you prepared vs. the tax return the preparer paid? That seems like a fairly large difference. If there was missing information or if a deduction was overlooked on your tax return you have three years to amend your tax return. If you file an amended return, this is done with Form 1040X. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Turbo tax asked about school and other credits I could get while the tax preparer didn't ask me anything except for social cards and medical cards

Do you have a copy of both returns in PDF format? If so I can offer a premium service to review both and make sure you get every deduction you are entitled to. If it requires an amended return I can prepare that as well. I look forward to hearing from you.

but I'm not home now is it possible to get back to you in a few

If the tax return was already filed we have some time to have this prepared. I may not be in the office later this evening however we can have this completed in the next day or two if you are interested. Please be sure to rate my responses so I receive credit for the communication. I look forward to assisting you.

Ok thank you I'll get back to you

Please feel free to email me at***@******.***. I'm happy to help.

I wanted to follow up and see if you had any further questions. If you have questions I am happy to assist. If you have no further questions I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating so I receive credit for my responses. Thank you.

Brian Michels
Brian Michels
Brian Michels