How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I have a serious issue with my 2007 tax return, that

Customer Question

I think I have a serious issue with my 2007 tax return, that I still owe money on. An IRS person by the name of David Balla did my taxes for 2007 in 2010. He claimed to be an expert for during returns for people that retired from the company I did. He stated that it wouldn't make any difference if he did them. I found that not to be true when I filed for chapter 7. Because the IRS did my return I was told that it would not be cleared. It also appears that I was taxed for the whole gross distribution(1099-R Line 1) instead of the taxable amount (1099-R line 2).
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Yes, all the 1099-b's I have for the sale of that stock distribution was added as a capital gain.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 6 months ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 6 months ago.

I don't know what the issue was with an IRS employee preparing your returns and bankruptcy discharge, but this is typically not a reason for not getting a discharge.

I can assist, but it equires a review of your filings, bankruptcy, and a discussion of your current status. I'll make an Offer to assist with a phone call, which I anticipate could take an hour or more to discuss your case, review applicable law and advise.

See my offer, which is good until 5 pm EST 4/21/17.

Expert:  PDtax replied 6 months ago.

My offer does not show up on the question thread.

Please advise if you still want assistance with your questions.