How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where do i put "partner distributions" in my tax return for

Customer Question

where do i put "partner distributions" in my tax return for a S corp? is it on schedule L?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i have taken out money from my business as partner distributions. where do I account for that on my business filing?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: i need help with schedule L
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 months ago.

owners are called shareholders in case of S-corportaion.
That is very important because all income and deduction items are apportioned between shareholders according to the ownership percentage.

Distributions are reported on K1 statements box 16 using code "D"

Correspondingly - on form 1120S - that amount will be on schedule K line 16d


Expert:  Lev replied 2 months ago.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.