How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved from Tennessee (has no state income tax) to Maryland

Customer Question

I moved from Tennessee (has no state income tax) to Maryland (has state income tax), in October 2016. Filling out my tax return using part-year state form, and it states that I owe almost 3K for state taxes to Maryland. W2 show taxes withheld from my income by Maryland state. Could this be correct?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Gross income was 65K
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 6 months ago.

So, were there Md taxes withheld and they are 3K short?

Have you rechecked the amounts allocated to MD?

Steve G.