ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Business Consultant/Accounting Manager
89981332

I have a Home Business package. It keeps showing a 1041 form

I have a Home Business package. It keeps showing a 1041 form that does not apply to me and will not let me e-file until I fill out the form.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: When I started my taxes about a week ago. 1041 should not even be in the package I have.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to get rid of the 1041 form so that I can e-file.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Based on the information you provided, it appears you are using the Business program, which is for corporations, partnerships, trusts, and estates.

If you need to file your personal tax return, you need one of the personal tax programs--Deluxe, Premier, Home and Business.

If you purchased the Business program by mistake, you can call TurboTax to request a refund.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I received the Home & Business edition, which is the same one I have been getting for the last few years.
you did not solve my problem.

I'll opt out so another expert can possibly assist you.

Thank you.

Hi. I was transferred this question. Just confirming that you are using the Home and Business program. What you can do is - go into the forms section, open the 1041 form, there will be an option on the bottom to delete the form. Once deleted, save your file. This should fix it. It is not letting you e-file, since form 1041 appears and is not filled out. Once you delete the form, you should be fine. Let me know if this helps.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok,that finally worked and I e-filed fed and state.
Thank You

You are very welcome. A positive rating for me is very much appreciated. Best Regards.

Experience: Business Consultant/Accounting Manager